Most people take breathing for granted. As Muscle Tuner® Specialists, we pay attention to breathing habits.
• Deep breathing is one of the best and certainly cheapest ways to lower stress. When you breathe deeply, it sends a message to your brain to calm down and relax. The brain then forwards this message to your body.
• Shallow breathing causes the body to produce adrenaline. There are enough other stressors in our day not to add one more, so learn to breathe correctly.
• Why punish our precious adrenal glands? When there's a good supply of oxygen, our adrenals in particular understand they are not required to prepare the body for 'fight or flight'.
• Deep (diaphragmatic) breathing properly oxygenates the body which is essential for numerous functions including metabolism and energy production
((= fat burning!)
• Dr. Sheldon Deal, D.C., says: "We live on the bottom of a sea of energy. When we breathe, it is a form of breathing in some of this...
It can be challenging not to be tempted by all the Halloween candy available everywhere this week. Did you resist so far? Did did you keep it to a small taste or two? If yes, congratulations! If no, did you notice how hard it is to stop, especially when there are so many different ones to sample??
Eating sugary treats like candy, most breakfast cereals and even many gluten-free products is very hard on your pancreas because it is the organ responsible for producing the chemicals that break down all that sweetness.
Here's a helpful tip to support your pancreas.
There's a neurological reflex point that you can activate with small circular rubbing motions that helps stimulate the pancreas when it's gotten a bit too sluggish after working so hard:
Rub this point gently yet firmly for about 30 seconds two or three times on days when you've indulged in something sweet. It really helps your body function more easily.
I’ve been telling people all week that everybody can be stronger and have less tension, PRONTO by using our techniques. This Thursday evening I was given another opportunity to prove this belief.
I arrived 10 minutes early for a group coaching session and one of the attendees asked for my help because he couldn’t move his head. Seemed pretty serious because it barely rotated an inch off of center. You could see he was sitting with a lot of tension in his back and shoulders and his face didn’t look too happy either. It seemed pretty uncomfortable so I agreed to see what could be done before the class began.
I chose three of our Energy Boost™ Self-Care Techniques because these three are our among our greatest home-run techniques. First I thoroughly performed the ‘Circuit Breaker Reset’ for about two minutes. This is a quick-fix for increasing flexibility in the spine. Then I did the ‘Auditory Tune Up’ for...