Most people take breathing for granted. As Muscle Tuner® Specialists, we pay attention to breathing habits.
• Deep breathing is one of the best and certainly cheapest ways to lower stress. When you breathe deeply, it sends a message to your brain to calm down and relax. The brain then forwards this message to your body.
• Shallow breathing causes the body to produce adrenaline. There are enough other stressors in our day not to add one more, so learn to breathe correctly.
• Why punish our precious adrenal glands? When there's a good supply of oxygen, our adrenals in particular understand they are not required to prepare the body for 'fight or flight'.
• Deep (diaphragmatic) breathing properly oxygenates the body which is essential for numerous functions including metabolism and energy production
((= fat burning!)
• Dr. Sheldon Deal, D.C., says: "We live on the bottom of a sea of energy. When we breathe, it is a form of breathing in some of this energy.”
• Breath holding causes muscles to function unnaturally. Muscle Tuner® Specialists find hidden problems that might be missed by other therapists.
Remind yourself and everyone you care about to take full breaths regularly.
TRAIN YOURSELF TO BREATHE PROPERLY and teach others:
Lightly place your hand on your rib cage or abdomen.
Breathe in deeply.
Imagine the chest and abdomen expanding in ALL directions, as when water fills a balloon.
When you are breathing properly, your hand will move as your chest and abdomen expands with each in-breath and contracts with each out-breath. You should notice your sacrum move backwards, and your lower ribs expand outwards towards your back body also.
According to Dr. Kandy Taylor Love: "A very powerful way to breathe is by expanding your chest (lungs and rib cage) in all directions, focus breathing into your back body. Expand the chest area, even arm pits and back ribs to create a more circular breath pattern."
We touch on the importance of breathing in all our programs. Interested in learning more about us?
Be Strong. Be Confident. Be Tuned!
by Denise Cambiotti
© 2020 Muscle Tuners International Inc.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.